Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ryan Strome Continues Hot Streak

Coming off of an impressive pre-season campaign, IceDogs sophomore forward Ryan Strome has continued his success into the regular season.

After working hard over the summer, Strome has found himself sitting atop the OHL scoring leaders throughout the first few weeks of the season, and as of this past weekend, he currently sits in a three-way tie for second in league scoring with 9 goals, 17 assists, and 26 points.

“I put in a big summer, I wanted to improve on a lot of things during the off season and I dedicated everything I could to this season,” Strome says. “I think I showed spurts of potential last year, but I really wanted to prove to all the scouts, to Team Canada (U18) that I didn’t get selected for, and also to my teammates and the fans that I was worth the value in the (Alex Pietrangelo) trade.

“If I keep playing the way I am I think it will work out for Niagara, and with all the boys playing so well together I definitely think we have a bright future ahead of us.”

Although many of Strome’s tallies have come from his excellent playmaking ability along with an accurate shot, the goal he scored on Thursday night against Plymouth Whalers goalie Scott Wedgewood to open the scoring in the second period is one that he along with the 2,626 fans at the Gatorade Garden City Complex may never forget. But no matter how big the goal, Strome’s ego remains on an even keel.

For the complete story click here

No comments:

Post a Comment